SuperBIO

SuperBIO offers innovation support under the form of up € 60,000 vouchers to be spent on services aimed at supporting the commercialisation of innovation by SMEs.

SuperBIO represents a unique opportunity to bring innovative, sustainable, cross border and cross sectorial value chains closer to the market.

Six services providers have been selected as part of the project consortium to offer a set of ten independent professional innovation support services: scale-up and proof-of-concept, IP support, life cycle assessment, techno-economic appraisal, feedstock analysis, market research, sustainability appraisal, regulatory landscape evaluation, business planning, access to investors and grant writing.

These services are funded by the project at 75%, the remaining 25% being covered by the SME applying and benefiting from the services.

The SuperBIO consortium includes four industrial cluster organisations (from Belgium, France, Spain and Poland) as well as six service providers (from the UK, Germany and Belgium).

Invitation for Proposals - SuperBIO Final Evaluation

SuperBIO (H2020 call Cluster facilitated projects for new value chains- call Innosup 2015-1, coordination and support action) is a two-and-a-half-year European Union funded project, with a budget of €3.7 million. This innovation project aims to develop new, innovative, cross-border and cross-sectorial industrial value chains in the bioeconomy.

The project ends in November 2018 and as part of the project review process, SuperBIO is seeking to appoint a team of consultants to work with staff involved with the SuperBIO project, in order to produce a final project evaluation aimed at drawing up conclusions to inform the future set-up of H2020-funded projects aimed at stimulating the innovation process with SMEs. The tender can be downloaded using the link below, together with further information on the submission process.

  • Proposal submission: 5PM on Friday 9th March 2018.
  • Project kick-off: Start of April 2018.
  • Delivery of draft final report: June 2018.
  • Delivery of agreed final report: July 2018.

To download the tender document, please click here.

NNFCC's role

A flourishing innovative bioeconomy offers multiple advantages for the EU in the global economy. To further innovate within the European bioeconomy, new partnerships and connections need to be established between different sectors (e.g. between chemistry and agriculture, between producers and end-users).

NNFCC will work alongside five other service providers, drawing on its network to identify value chains stakeholders through its extensive network within the bioeconomy and the wider business community. It will specifically provide sustainability assessments, regulatory landscape evaluations, market research, techno economic appraisals as well as develop and review business plans.

Eligibility and application process

SuperBIO supports cross sectorial and cross border value chains . The process developed needs to be bio-based, which is defined as (i) either the raw material is of biological origin, or (ii) industrial biotechnology (fermentation or biocatalysis) is used in the process. Furthermore the technology planning to be commercialised needs to have reached a TRL of four. All information shared during the application process and the project duration will be treated confidentially (please see www.h2020-superbio.eu/apply-now/).

As an SME, you are invited to submit your idea of an innovative value chain to the SuperBIO consortium. We invite you to discuss your idea with your country representative first though if possible. The list can be found here: www.h2020-superbio.eu/apply-now/  

At the NNFCC, the SuperBIO contacts are:

Cluster organisations

 

 

Service providers on the project



More information

www.h2020-superbio.eu

Funding

The € 3.8 million project supports the development of promising industrial value chains in the bioeconomy. 

The SuperBIO project is supported by Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation as an innovation action (691555-2) under Innosupcall Cluster facilitated projects for new value chains 2015-01:

www.clustercollaboration.eu/eu-initiatives/innosup-initiative/superbio

 

See more ‚ÄčProjects 

See more Case Studies