NNFCC Newsletter – Issue 16. Understanding Bio-based Content
In NNFCC's sixteenth Newsletter we address the question 'what does bio-based actually mean?'
|Published||24 Feb 2010|
|Download||NNFCC Newsletter – Issue 16. Understanding Bio-based Content (PDF, 613 kB)|
Bio-based materials have great potential to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, to grow the low-carbon economy and to put the UK at the forefront of new enterprise.
However, this potential won’t be easily realised while people are still asking ‘what does bio-based actually mean?’ In this newsletter we look at:
- The environmental benefits of biobased content
- The development of a standard test method for bio-based content, which will bring confidence to the biorenewables market
- How a material can be 100 per cent bio-based, but non-biodegradable
- How sustainability isn’t just about renewable carbon, it’s about valuing every carbon atom
- How recycling bio-based products improves their environmental impact even further
Talk to the Experts
For business solutions call NNFCC on +44 (0)1904 435 182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org