The Global Biofuels Statistics
report for this past year shows biofuels accounted for 3% of energy consumption
in the Transport sector, showing a 13% increase compared to 2019. Bioethanol
held the largest share (accounting for 62% globally) followed by FAME biodiesel.
Three quarters of all biofuels were produced in North and South America, while
Europe produced 14% of global biofuel stocks.
There is no doubt
that 2021 will bring even more growth to the Biofuels sector, especially as
governments around the world are taking bolder steps to promote the
decarbonisation of the Transport sector. Since 2002...
Other news this month includes:
- EU approves Swedish biofuels tax exemption
- Potential UK mandate for Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- The Government of Quebec announces its support for an advanced biofuel
- Impact of Covid on global biofuels output confirmed by
Research and Development
- EU Project tests E20 blends
- BioLNG increase for transport both road and marine
- US car sales E15 compatible but flex fuel
vehicle options decline
- Biodiesel blend for shipping
- Rolls Royce test Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- SAF for Delta Airlines