Annual CO2 emissions from Transport account for almost 25% of worldwide emissions, with aviation and shipping responsible for 2% and 3% of global CO2 emissions alone. As a result of the need to rapidly decarbonise these sectors we are seeing a rise in research and industrial projects aiming to facilitate and broaden the use of biofuels for long haul jets and industrial shipping in order to reduce their impact on the environment.
Following their successful pilot study earlier this year, Jet Aviation - one of the industry’s largest aviation services company - have reiterated their pledge to enhance and increase the supply of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). In accordance with those changes in the aviation manufacturing sector......
Other news this month includes:
- New coalition calls on Government to act on negative emissions technologies
- T2 ethanol price swings to record-high on Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp supply chain
- Neste and Shell sign an agreement to increase the supply of Sustainable Aviation Fuel
Research and Development
- Total to convert its Grandpuits refinery into a zero-crude platform
- EPS trials biofuel with GoodFuels
- California plant gearing up for renewable diesel
- Neste MY Renewable Diesel available at more than 100 sales points in the Netherlands
- Covid related movement restrictions curb palm oil collections and impact crude palm oil production
- Jet Aviation commits to Sustainable Aviation in first ever business aviation sustainability summit
- Ammonfuel - an industrial view of ammonia as marine fuel