Bioenergy is the conversion of biomass to energy via a solid, liquid or gaseous fuel.
Ambitious renewable energy targets to 2020 are driving demand for bioenergy as a reliable and stable source of renewable heat and electricity at industrial and domestic scales.Our Services
Technical Reports and Tools
- Use of sustainably-sourced residue and waste streams for advanced biofuel production in the European Union: rural economic impacts and potential for job creation
- Energy from Waste: Efficiency based Measurement, NNFCC 13-016
- Farm-Scale Anaerobic Digestion Plant Efficiency, NNFCC 11-015
Latest News in Bioenergy
- State aid: Commission authorises UK Capacity Market electricity generation scheme
- Drax Claim Victory in High Court Ruling
- Launch of scientific calculator that investigates the impact on carbon emissions of biomass sourced from North America to produce electricity.
Upcoming Events in Bioenergy
- 2nd International Conference on Algal Biorefinery
- The Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- The Renewables Event 2014