Biofuels are liquid or gaseous fuels derived from biomass, they are an important way of meeting our renewable energy targets.
More sustainable processes and feedstocks are resulting in biofuels which further reduce greenhouse gas emissions and minimise the impact they have on land use.Our Services
Technical Reports and Tools
- Use of sustainably-sourced residue and waste streams for advanced biofuel production in the European Union: rural economic impacts and potential for job creation
- Research Needs in Ecosystem Services to Support Algal Biofuels, Bioenergy and Commodity Chemicals Production in the UK, NNFCC 12-008
- Measuring the Energy and Greenhouse Gas Balances of Biofuels and Bio-based Chemicals using LCA, NNFCC 12-023
Latest News in Biofuels
- Review of Fourth Carbon Budget results in no change.
- Government issues response to Select Committee's 'Waste or Resource? Stimulating a bioeconomy' Report
- Innovation in on-farm small scale AD
Upcoming Events in Biofuels
- 2nd International Conference on Algal Biorefinery
- The Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- Biofuels International Conference 2014