To access our News Reviews, subscribe to our Information Package free of charge here.
According to The Business
Research Company, South America accounted for 8% of the global crop production
market in 2020 – the second largest contributing region after Asia Pacific.
This market can be broadly defined as the sale of crops by entities that
primarily engage in the growth and production of crops, plants, vines, trees,
and their seeds. Further, according to OECD-FAO, Argentina and Brazil were the
third and fourth largest oilseed crushers, by mass, from 2018-2020. Of South
America’s four climatic regions, the rainy and dry alternation in the tropical
climate aids cultivation of sugarcane and coffee, whereas temperate climates,
which have a broader temperature range and colder winters than tropical
climates, aid growth of corn and soybeans.
Brassica carinata is a flowering plant whose
seed oil has been researched and developed as a feedstock for jet biofuel, and
applied in the production of lubricants, plastics, and paints. Plant genetics
and solutions innovator, Nuseed, cultivate carinata and commercially produce
carinata oil in Argentina, and have also expanded into Brazil. Recently bp has signed a long-term
offtake agreement with Nuseed for...
Other News this Month Includes:
- Bridgestone Partners with LanzaTech to pursue end-of-life tyre recycling technologies
- Carinata oils deal for bp biofuels
Research & Development
- Fractionation of sugar beet pulp polysaccharides into sugars and further
- Green Plains achieves breakthrough 60% protein concentration, record-high renewable
corn oil yield
Wood & Crop
- Arkema obtains certification for its advanced bio-based materials
- German data shows bioeconomy progress stagnating
- Celtic renewables biorefinery takes step closer
- DAB.bio’s turbocharged fermenter reduces biomanufacturing costs by 50%
- Economic feasibility of a biorefinery for conversion of brewers’ spent grain
into a special flour