Job Type: Permanent.
Hours: 37.5 (negotiable).
Closing date for applications: 12 noon 8th July.
NNFCC is a strategic consultancy offering business services to clients in the bioenergy, biofuels and biobased products industries. For over 18 years our expertise and experience has enabled clients to make informed business decisions and develop sustainable business strategies.
To continue our professional business offer we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic high calibre Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for all financial matters associated with running an SME service business. The role comes with a focus on improving efficiencies within the company’s financial processes and systems.
The position offers the opportunity to work in a friendly team of qualified professionals committed to supporting the development and implementation of sustainable technologies and projects.
- Month end management accounts pack, including P&L and commentary
- Drafting of quarterly Board finance report and commentary
- Balance sheet control and maintenance of Xero finance system ledgers
- Monthly P&L forecasting updates
- Annual budgeting and annual review of pricing of consultancy services
- Statutory accounts and Corporation Tax return coordination with external accountants
- Sales invoicing, credit control/chase overdue debts when required
- Working closely with the commercial team to review and develop processes
- VAT returns and payments.
- Management of company banking facilities and payments to all creditors
- Manage pension and healthcare schemes
- Manage financial reporting on grant funding research projects including UK and EU programmes
- Management of NNFCC subscribers
- Foreign currency exchange
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or QBE
- Experience of finance forecasting, planning, and monitoring
- Organised and able to manage a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to advise the Board and Management Team
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience
- Interest on continuous process improvement and development (experience of system implementation is an advantage)
- Experience of financial reporting on public grant funded research projects would be an advantage
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a base salary between £37,000-£47,000 relative to experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Private pension scheme - 7% employer & 5% employee (minimum)
- Bonus (based on company performance)
Applications should be received in writing (by post or email), including a covering letter and full Curriculum Vitae, to:
or post to:
The Office Manager
Biocentre, York Science Park, Heslington,
YORK, YO10 5DG
Research Analyst / Consultant
We are seeking high quality
candidates for research analyst or consultant positions; employment will be for
an initial period of 12 months with potential for extension. These posts suit
recent graduates with either first or post graduate degrees looking to apply
their analytical, logic and investigative skills to support strategic analysis
and problem-solving assignments to address industry needs in the renewable
materials and circular economy sector.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Post Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Start Date: As soon as
- Closing Date for
Applications: by 5.00 p.m. 30th June 2022
Reporting to a member of the management team you will
undertake technology and policy evaluations, market research, and information
and data analysis, assisting in the preparation of client reports.
The post requires the ability to rapidly assimilate and
critically analyse data in a well-planned and efficient manner, and to
communicate information clearly and concisely. Individuals must have strong
verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate their ability to work
within a flexible team environment.
Qualified to degree level in chemical, biological,
environmental science or engineering the idealcandidate will be numerate and should
demonstrate a broad scientific understanding and ideally possess experience of
working in a field relevant to the bioeconomy or renewable industry, either in
industry or as part of an MSc or PhD. An understanding of the drivers for, and
challenges faced by the emerging bioeconomy would also be an advantage.
The roles are ideally suited to candidates with a strong
science or technology background looking to apply their knowledge in the areas
of business, technology and policy assessment.
Experience in techno-economic modelling, (bio) process
modelling, commercial project evaluation, sustainability assessment or
strategic business analysis would be considered advantageous.
roles provide an ideal opportunity for interested individuals to gain
experience of working within a high profile and rapidly growing business sector
and to drive forward a low carbon economy based on renewable materials.
Applications should be received in writing (by
post or email), including a covering letter and full Curriculum Vitae, to:
or post to:
The Office Manager
Biocentre, York Science Park,
YORK, YO10 5DG