To access our News Reviews, subscribe to our Information Package free of charge here.
Personal care products contain an abundance of chemical products and ingredients both from natural and synthetic sources. Personal care products for example, hair and tooth care products, cosmetics, skin care and fragrances, are used by most people in one form or another each day. These products contain a complex mixture of ingredients which give the products their function, texture, scent, viscosity and appearance. Other ingredients act as preservatives to prolong the shelf life of the products.
Many of these ingredients are produced from fossil resources and stakeholders in the supply chain are now working to identify and produce natural or plant-based sustainable alternatives. The abundance of different ingredients in this marketplace means this is a significant challenge.
BASF has been producing bio-based surfactants at three global sites in Germany, the US and China. Surfactants are a vital part of many...
Other News this Month Includes:
- EBA calls for support of the biobased sectors through new packaging rules
- Environmental permit granted for Swedish Carbon Capture project
- L’Oréal’s VC fund Bold invests in sustainable ingredients biotech
- H&M Group invests in startups to enable a more circular fashion
Research & Development
- Stora Enso partnership creates paperboard tube to reduce plastic packaging
- Study confirms degradation of certified compostable plastics
- Luminy® PLA successfully meets EU sustainability regulation
- Bio-attributed PVC for the construction sector
- BASF to expand production capacity for bio-based APGs in Asia-Pacific and North America
- AstraZeneca announces partnership with Vanguard Renewables to reduce its US footprint
- Solvay launches Naternal™
- Clariant creates Desi Pak® ECO bio-based moisture adsorbing packaging