To access the News Reviews, subscribe to our Information Package free of charge here.
have the potential to provide a renewable energy source and can be valuable to
replace fossil fuels in hard to decarbonise local energy systems. As the
primary rationale for biomass utilisation is to provide environmental benefits
it is vital that the biomass feedstocks are sustainably produced and harvested.
It is important that the right plants are grown in the right places to provide
optimised feedstock outputs for local requirements, whilst providing a
beneficial impact on nature.
In the UK, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) are
launching a new initiative called Biomass Connect which seeks to...
Other News this Month Includes:
- BEIS funded initiative for farm biomass
launching at Low Carbon Agriculture Show
- RED IV seeks views as it updates list of sustainable
to acquire renewable natural gas producer Nature Energy
- Germany’s energy transition to be supported by Wärtsilä-built
flexible 94 MW power plant in Dresden
Research & Development
- HYFUELUP Project will Demonstrate Innovative Pathway for
at scale production of biomethane
- Biowaste to bioenergy options for sustainable
growth opportunities in developing countries
Biomass Heat and Power
biomass exports jump raising concerns about potential Russian origin
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries orders 74 MW-class biomass
- New figures show how biomethane is being used
as a green fuel from waste streams
- Gasum prepares for construction of its first Norwegian biogas
Energy from Waste
- Dorset EfW decision delayed by three months
- Blocked EfW expansion a ‘local victory’ says
- Report on BECCS done well
- Essar Oil UK to construct £360m carbon capture plant in