on B2C2 but more bespoke to a complex multi-input, multi-output AD
biomethane supply chain
RED methodology; complies with Ofgem’s interpretation and subsequent RHI
- Excel-based, so more transparent, user-friendly and easier to visualise a complex multi-feedstock supply chain than B2C2
- Regular updates corresponding with any policy changes
Reasons to buy
- To inform developers of their eligibility to claim renewable energy incentives for biogas or biomethane production
- Highlights emissions at each step of the supply chain, to illustrate where action is required to increase sustainability and strengthen eligibility for incentives
- Uses familiar units, requiring less manual conversion by generators than the B2C2, making data gathering and record keeping easier and eliminating errors
Number of pages: 10
item is available through individual purchase
All existing and new biomethane producers claiming the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) must ensure all fuel consignments meet two new sustainability criteria from 5th October 2015: a greenhouse gas (GHG) lifecycle emissions target (60% saving against the EU-fossil comparator) and land criteria.
AD is one of the most difficult technologies for determining supply chain emissions on account that plants will often use a wide variety of feedstocks (e.g. crops, residues, manures, slurries, and food waste) to produce a range of outputs (e.g. biomethane for injection, heat, electricity, and digestate), with emissions requiring appropriate allocation.
To support the needs of the industry and following several years providing practical bioenergy, sustainability and LCA advice to investors, developers and generators, NNFCC have developed a bespoke Biomethane Carbon Calculator.
The Calculator is available for outright purchase or as part of the
broader support package. This enables users to benefit further from NNFCC’s
bioenergy and LCA expertise, our comprehensive understanding of the
sustainability reporting requirements, the RED methodology and the key supply
chain components. We can help generators prepare for annual auditing, by supporting
in locating suitable data records, extracting relevant values, setting up the
tool to represent a specific site and running the calculations. The support
then also covers the provision of feedback to identify key sensitivities and
actions that can be taken to ensure future compliance.
To purchase NNFCC's Biomethane & Biogas Carbon Calculator, please fill in the form below.
To purchase the tool with support from NNFCC, please fill in the form on this link.
To make an enquiry about the tool or wider bioenergy sustainability support, please contact Lucy Hopwood, Lead Consultant – Bioenergy & Anaerobic Digestion.
You may also be interested in:
Talk to the experts
For business solutions call NNFCC on +44 (0)1904 217 182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org