To access the News Reviews, subscribe to our Information Package free of charge here.
Many countries, businesses and organisations have made commitments to reach net-zero through reduction of carbon emissions and removal of atmospheric carbon with the aim to restrict global temperature increases to 1.5°C. In many cases the commitments to net-zero are long term initiatives with 2050 used as a standard end point. These targets also usually include shorter term ambitions which provide a pathway to reduce greenhouse gas emissions over the longer timescale.
In the UK, net-zero commitments have been set through the 2008 Climate Change Act, with an obligation to get the nation to net-zero by 2050. The Government has now proposed to...
Other News this Month Includes:
- Ofgem welcomes proposal to secure UK net zero target in law
- Biohydrogen outlook
- One-third of businesses do not have the budget to reach net-zero
- Partners Group to acquire German biogas platform
Research & Development
- WVU researcher searching sustainable bioenergy solutions
Biomass Heat and Power
- Biomass a solution to cement industry decarbonisation
- TGE to build three biomass plants in Thailand
- Severn Trent to create net zero hub in Staffordshire
- EnviTec Biogas rapidly expanding biogas plants in US
Energy from Waste
- Pyrum UK tyre recycling plant to be built by Suez
- Paprec awarded £50m EfW contract
- Drax to build BECCS in US and UK
- Carbogenics secures investment for first CreChar® production facility